Friday, April 22, 2011

Dad

Happy Birthday, Dad!!! Last year, Mom threw him a huge party that was so awesome that included me dressing up as "Cleatus" and putting on a magic show. This year, I'm just going to post a couple memories I have about my dad.
Pulling off dad's socks. Even as a little kid I remember pulling off dad's socks, and believe me, there's a certain way it HAS to be done -- you know, pulling from the toes, but you've got to scoot the sock down a little so you don't pull him off the couch.
Going to Twin to that place that had the horse out front for some sort of supplies for the horses and getting to eat at Burger King and actually get fries of our own and a drink.
Getting to go down into the canyon to Blue Lakes and golf. I didn't get to go that much because I was so little and took too much time to hit.
Driving the flatbed truck with a trailer attached with a tractor on top from Mud Lake to Arco at age 12 while he took a nap.
Running to Shoshone to get something from the Co-Op just so I could drive the flatbed at age 14.
When all the kids were gone and it was just me, me helping feed in the wintertime and getting the tractor stuck -- HE WAS MAD!!!!
The countless times when somebody would call or stop by in the middle of the night saying, "Your cows are out."
Those are just a few memories I have, but I just wanted to say that I love my Dad and appreciate the sacrifices he has made for me. Oh, and I just love his laugh and smile. Lately when he laughs, he laughs so hard he gets red in the face and his whole body moves up and down -- like father, like daughter. Happy Birthday Dad!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday good ole Uncle Dallas! Being a city girl :) I was always impressed with your farm girl skills!! And I always liked looking at that horse on the building in Twin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to Muldoons is a good memory and also going to Colorado with him to get a horse for Kristen was fun too.

    ReplyDelete