Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Diary of a Mad Court Reporter 2

Dear Diary:Yesterday I got up at 5:00 to leave my house by 6:30 to head to Ontario for Volume 4 starting at 8:00 of this crazy lady. By 10:30 I knew we were not going to finish. I mean, how many can one person have of clothes and remember exactly where they bought them and how much they paid for them and what year they got them? I know I can't do that. It's 12:10 and we break for lunch. I took my own lunch so I could read my emails, call and talk to Cindy (another court reporter) to have her give me a pep talk to not tie my machine around my waist and jump in the pool. This too shall pass... this too shall pass.... this too shall pass -- nope, it isn't working. We start again at 1:00. Needless to say we did not finish and I got another 300+ pages. We go start again next Tuesday at 8:00. People, we haven't even gotten finished with her clothes. We haven't even started with household items. I can see this examination under oath going for 10 volumes. All I can say is, who knows a good massage person? Because my shoulders have 700 pages worth of weight on them and it feels like concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment