Friday, July 9, 2010

Squirrel Stew -- Who's coming for dinner? (PG-13 rated.)

Today the squirrels were really bothering BoBo. He's been outside waiting for them for the last two hours. I've watched him out my office window. He's just been watching them, barking at them and occasional chasing after them. Until this happened...... I think the squirrels are in heat because there's been 3 all day running around after each other from tree to tree. BoBo (I can't believe he jumped up so high) jumped up into the air, caught the squirrel's tail (meanwhile, I'm full blown running out the back door, slipped on his Rhino toy and fell down on my knee on the hardwood floors). Apparently by the time I get up and get outside, he's got the squirrel who is screaming (you don't think squirrels could scream did you?) in his mouth and tosses him up in the air. I was trying to bribe BoBo with a cookie, a treat, a ride, a walk (those are all things that he perks up for) and nothing was working. He continued to play toss and catch with this squirrel. Pretty soon it was over. I grabbed the snow shovel and threw the squirrel over into the abandoned house next door's backyard. BoBo is feeling victorious because there are no more squirrels around.

2 comments:

  1. So how are we making squirrel stew if you threw it into the neighbor's yard?

    ReplyDelete