Thursday, March 10, 2011

"You Can't Handle the Truth."

One of the greatest movie lines came from A Few Good Men with Jack Nicholson yelling, "You can't handle the truth." How true is that? No one wants to hear the truth, they want to sugar-coat it to make it more nice. Why? Is that to protect our feelings? Guess what, GET OVER IT.
In high school I lied to my parents to "protect them." They didn't need to know what was going on with me all the time, did they? Well, guess what, they knew exactly what I was doing. I mean, growing up in a small town of 350 people, they knew where I was, what I was doing, who I was with and they didn't even have to make a phone call. All they had to do was go into Pipers Grocery Store or the Grange and find out everything.
As I've gotten older, I've made peace with mom and dad with all the lies I told, and since then really haven't lied. You can ask a lot of people that I just can't lie anymore. Sometimes I wish there was a filter button inside my head instead of just blurting out the truth, but then again, people just can't handle the truth anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment