Thursday, April 1, 2010

BoBo's Vocabulary

They say a dog can understand 100 words. If you work with them, a "trained" dog can learn up to 200 words. Well, this post stems from a conversation that I had when I was in Richfield a couple weeks ago with my mom. When I went to the Petco to get dog food, I bought a couple toys for the boys. I bought a chicken and a pig. When we got to Richfield, I took the toys out of the bag held them side by side to Bo and said, "This is the chicken," and I'd put the chicken in his face, "chicken, chicken, chicken," is what I said. Then I held up the pig and said the same thing. Mom was laughing in the meantime. I put the two toys behind my back, acted like I switched them around, brought them back out and asked BoBo, "Where's the pig?" Mom, I thought, was about to laugh her way off the couch. He comes right to the pig and takes it from my hand. Then we both laughed hard. (You've pictured this, right?) So then I decided when I got back to Boise, I would start making a list of what BoBo knows. Here's BoBo's Vocabulary: sit, shake, shake other hand, down, rollover, high five, dinner, breakfast, treat, cookie, a lil sumpin, walk, park, river, ride, get in, come, stay, Gus/Gussie, jerry the weasel, chicken, pig, monkey, reindeer, hamburger, bone, kong, peanut butter, ball, kitty, cat, meow, squirrel, Rainy, Grama, Grama's house, JoJo, JoJo's coming for lunch, Modo, Uncle Meany, Sirius, Scott, Sam-Sam, speak, speak a lil louder, mama has to go to work today so you and Gussie have to be good boys (yes, he understands all of that), mama loves you, you stink, skit'em, mailman, go, on your mark get ready get set go, Gabriel, Botus, Coyote (Kristen's dog Cody), Jadie, no barking, quit licking, bad dog, not right now, good boy, let's take a lil nap. Those are all the ones that I've written down. There could be more, but that gives you an idea of his vocabulary. Gus' Vocabulary: cookie and BoBo.

No comments:

Post a Comment