Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gondola Ride







I started my vacation down in Richfield for a few days and Mom and I were able to run up to Sun Valley and ride the gondola. I was pretty nervous when it first took off, but the way down I knew what to expect. I couldn't believe that Sid and crew put those huge beams in clear up the mountain. I just kept looking down saying, wow, seriously? It was really incredible.
As we took off up the hill we got about 30 feet from the start and the gondola stopped. Since Mom had taken Jody and Spencer the week before, she knew what to expect, but she wasn't expecting it to stop either. I asked her, "Is this normal?" She said that it never stopped when she went with them. We were hanging in the air and then started back up again. Then after we got up there and walked around a little bit, we got back on and didn't even get in and settled when it stopped again. We just laughed. I thought, maybe there is a weight restriction and they're telling me to hike back down the mountain. Once we were getting ready to depart from the gondola it stopped for the final time. We were already at the bottom and the doors were only 3 inches from opening completely. We laughed again. It was a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment