Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Answer is: Yes.

Going on a week of tooth pain, I finally got in to see a dentist on Wednesday. He told me I have a cracked tooth and a fractured tooth, but that he couldn't fix it until February 3rd. I told him, "Uh, Hell No." I can't have this toothache for another 12 days. So long story short, I might have to invest in Orajel stock -- well, not really because I have no money to play the stock market, but not that I would want to anyway. So that brings up another thing. Today I called to find out how the appeal process was going with the Ada County Indigent Service and they said the hospital didn't put in an appeal and that I would be responsible for paying the full amount of all my medical bills -- "No help for you." (say like the soup Nazi) Well, needless to say it wasn't good news to get right before you're supposed to go into a job, so I went into the office and told my boss -- you're probably thinking, oh, she's probably going to tell her she can't take the job, right? No. I asked for an emergency cigarette. I lit up and went to my job, sat in the parking lot and cried and cried smoking that shitty thing feeling sorry for myself. After stinking myself up, I compose myself like a professional and go into the attorney's office. After I'm finished with the job, 120 pages later, the attorney says, "Oh, by the way, we have to go to trial on Tuesday. I'm going to need this by Monday." I smiled and said, "No, problem."
So my final question is: Can it get any worse?

1 comment: