Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Confession

Let me just start off by saying that anytime I start out a conversation to my mom or my sisters, "I've got a confession," they tense up or say, "Oh, great, what is it?" So, I've got a confession: YEP, you guessed it, I caved in and bought a pack of cigarettes late Sunday. I smoked them that night, I smoked them on Monday. By Monday afternoon, I didn't feel too good. I had a headache, my throat was bothering me, and the worst of it, my lungs were getting tighter and tighter by the minute. I crushed the remaining five or six and got in the shower, washed my bedding and had to go buy a new toothbrush because all I could do was smell it -- and I smelled it everywhere. After being back on the wagon today I was hoping to feel better, but my lungs are still as tight as they were yesterday. Let's just put it this way, I really think I am done smoking for the rest of my life. Up and up and up I go, high ho! I can do anything, and everything will work out, and this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment