Friday, October 8, 2010

BoBo's Belly

This week as I went to a job and was gone for a few hours, I came home to once again BoBo barking in the backyard, which means he's gotten into something in the house. I walk in and find my cold medicine on the floor. I don't know how much he had eaten because I'm sure he didn't have time to peel the foil wrappers, take with an 8-ounce glass of water or use every 4-6 hours as needed. What I did find was BoBo's eyes glossy, him acting loopy, and his tail was straight.
It was like the time when he swallowed the sock, I tried to give him the Heimlich remover maneuver, tried to get him to throw up and finally went into the vet at 12:00 at night. Him coming out of the vet's office glazed eyes and a straight tail. I started crying when I saw Bo coming out and the vet's like, "Oh, he's going to be fine, he's just drugged up." I said, that's not why I'm crying. I'm crying because his tail is straight.
Well, since that experience at the vet's office, I already knew the medicine had kicked in so it's not like he could throw up anything. So I just monitored him and made sure he was breathing. He was fine that night, but it sure was scary. All I have to say is that BoBo's belly must be partly made up of a cow's and a pig's because he just eats EVERYTHING!

1 comment: