Friday, October 8, 2010

Nah, I don't wanna

One morning this week at 7:30 I had to drive to Nampa for a job. It was pretty chilly in my house, down to 64, and I decided to turn on the heater for a few minutes to get warm. Well, right before I am to leave, Gus hadn't gotten up from bed yet. I said, "Gus, I have to go to work today, you need to go outside and go potty." He edges his nose out to the end of the blanket sniffs around, feels how cold it is -- and if he could talk, he woulda said, "Nah, I don't wanna; it's too cold out there." And he nestled back down under the blankets. I pulled a Dallas (here comes the tractor moment) and pull back the blankets and expose his body, which he is now on his
back -- having the look on his face of "Rub me, love me. I don't wanna go outside." Dogs, you gotta love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment