Friday, October 15, 2010

Heimlich

Last night after coming home from my job, which was in the top 3 worst jobs ever, I had sat down to eat some dinner, watch Grey's and poured me a glass of milk so I could have a Pepperidge Farm milk chocolate macadamia nut cookie to treat myself for such torture I went through. I took a bite after dunking it in the cold milk and then had another this time without the milk, that's when it happened, the nut got stuck in my throat. I jumped off the sofa trying to breathe and instantly had my head down hoping it would get unstuck. I ran into the wall with my head, then ran myself into my bar-high stool. The first time hurt bad enough, but I knew I had to do it again. I ran myself again into the bar stool thinking the whole time, help me someone. That nut flew out as I rammed myself once again. I fell to my knees in complete exhaustion and then immediately started to cry. My chest hurt, my knee hurt and the top of my head was bleeding. I didn't know whether I had a concussion or not. I called Jody, "I ALMOST DIED," and then tried to explain the rest as I'm sobbing. Needless to say I packed up the boys at 9:30 and headed out to stay the night. I did not want to be alone. Well, this morning, my body aches. My head is crusted with blood spots, I have paint remnants in my hair, a big goose egg on my forehead, my chest hasn't shown any bruising yet, but I feel it coming and my knee is scabbed. The Heimlich remover maneuver worked, but only probably with a little help from someone up there.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS!!! That is so scary. I'm so glad that you used quick thinking to run yourself into the bar stool! So do you think you will eat those cookies again? I'm so glad you are okay. I sure love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Smokes! No more pepperidge farm cookies for you! Hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete