Thursday, March 18, 2010

On Your Mark, Get Set, GOOOOO!!!

Today I had the shortest depo I've ever done, 9 minutes. It wasn't even worth climbing up a flight of stairs in high-heels, carrying a steno machine + gear, then on my shoulder my computer + gear. By the time I got up to the top, I was huffin and puffin, but still trying to look like a lady. After setting up all my gear, which usually takes about 15-20 minutes, in walks the attorney. We will call him "Wilbert." Wilbert sits down says "This depo isn't going to take very long." I'm thinking, oh, that's what they all say and it will go for 4 hours.
After I swear in the witness, we're off. Imagine an auctioneer or porky the pig..... beeedbabadeabdelabdljhadl "Did you look at the report?" abldhal bhdhaldkb dh "I did." bhadlhdblhaldhd "What is your conclusion?" blahdlb hadlbhdlheowidnboia "Same as in the report." DONE>>>>>>>> Throw your hands up in the air as if you've just jumped off a horse, ran over to the calf, threw him on the ground, tied him up and...............TIME.
(This will probably be my only cowboy terminology I will ever use, by the way.)
I thought to myself, "Self, you climbed those stairs, you wrote the fastest you've ever written, you had to have burned a ton of calories. You deserve a lil sumpin." Guess what I'm going to do? Have an extra piece of melba toast!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Laughing out loud as always. Hope your toast was good!

    ReplyDelete