Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Followup Dr. Appointment

After not having dressed up for 2 weeks, wearing nothing but hospital gowns, stretchy pants, sweat shirt and going braless, today for my doctor's appointment I decided to wear a little makeup and wear some normal clothes. He said everything was looking good and things are healing as they should. He went over what he had done during surgery and said, "Your lungs are darker than they should be for your age. I ADVISE you to quit smoking." I told him I haven't smoked since going to the ER and I will never smoke again. All in all I'm doing very well and hoping to work some time this week either one day or two. I need to keep myself somewhat busy because sitting around doing nothing brings on wanting to smoke. Changing my routine has started, but mornings are still tough.
As I was talking to my sister Rainy today she said, "You've motivated me to try to stop smoking." Hey, that's all I can ask for. I hope I can keep her motivated and me at the same time. Me and my friend Cindy are going to join a nonsmoking group that will last 6 weeks. I'm kind of excited.
I'm excited for a fresh start to my life. I was pretty down in the dumps for the past few months and was in a downward spiral, so this gallbladder thing and stay at the hospital saved me literally. I'm also excited to have a new perspective on my life and health. So cheers to me for the upcoming battles I'm faced with, but the triumphs I will accomplish!

4 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT! It does suck I won't lie, but after you get over the initial cravings, Well, you got it in the BAG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hang in there. The first few weeks are the hardest, but it gets easier. Keep your chin up, and remember you have lots of support. We all love ya!

    ReplyDelete